We’ve noticed that hardly anyone is reporting their wine consumption on a weekly basis, and even Calvin and I had a hard time getting last week’s report out. We have implemented a new format (see CHANGED section below) that should make this easier on all of you.
(REVISED September 23, 2013)
- NEW! Registration has been extended through the month of September. We’ll keep some prizes just for those who registered on or before the 1st of September, but we’re using the month of September to encourage more Canadians to join the Challenge!
- It is all about drinking great Canadian wine, but it is also about having fun along the way!
- The duration of the Challenge is 12 calendar months, starting Sept 1, 2013 (or September anytime in September up to September 30th)
- You may only purchase or open Canadian Wine for the duration of the Challenge. This allows for a few exceptions like international wine events that may be attended, dinner parties where the host unwittingly opens something non-Canadian, wine-related courses you may be taking where other wines may be opened, and events like i4c2014 or The Riesling Experience where it would be terrible to miss the international wines on offer. With feedback, we decided to allow for international travel exemption as well, as we know how hard it is to get Canadian wine within Canada, let alone the rest of the world!
- You must drink wine from at least three (3) provinces during the 12 month period, and at least 12 different wines during that time.
- Any Canadian wine counts – VQA, non-VQA, fruit wines, anything that involves fermenting fruit from this great country of ours.
- To join in the fun, declare your intention in the comments section of this post, send a Tweet to @TGCWC, or email email@example.com.
- CHANGED: Commit to a weekly update:
- A TGCWC week starts on Sunday and ends on the following Saturday.
- Each week, a Tweet to Followers of @TGCWC will provide a link to the Weekly Update form for the preceding week. The Tweet will normally go out on a Saturday. Complete the questions and submit the form. You will have until the following Friday to submit your Weekly Update. To illustrate:
- Participants who are not Following @TGCWC will receive the link via email, with the same timeline.
- If you are late submitting a Weekly Update, it will still count towards your participation; however, it won’t appear in Calvin and Shawn’s weekly summary, and you might not be eligible for some prizes.
- If you are on Twitter, follow @TGCWC, @TheEvilDoctorD, @UncorkOntario, and use the #TGCWC hashtag of course!
- As this is not a contest, prizes will be awarded through some random mechanism yet to be determined (at the beginning, throughout the year, and at the conclusion of the Challenge).
- If it ever happens that you are no longer “master of your domain” (as they say on Seinfeld), tweet “I’m out” to @TGCWC.
- Buy some wine from your favourite wineries across Canada and get popping those corks!